Saturday, April 23, 2011

chaos, part deux

So that chaos continues. I spent Friday night with my son, painting his new bedroom. We are switching some rooms around in our house and he is moving downstairs. The room looks great, although he has a lot of organizing to do.
So you know when you start a project it always leads to a bunch of other projects. Well that is what happened today. Painting, moving furniture, doing electrical, running cable and ethernet to my husbands new office upstairs. Moving books, shelves, pictures and furniture. And it's still not done. The dining room and living room of my house looks like an episode of "Hoarders".

On top of all that, I also found time to bake a coconut cake for Easter tomorrow. It is a recipe that my mom found in Food & Wine magazine. It is really good, lots of cream cheese frosting and flaky coconut. It's my homage to my mother. Easter was never really her holiday. Christmas was. But we are getting together with my sister and her family and my dad tomorrow, so a little bit of my mother will be there too.

My mother in law loved Easter. She loved seeing the kids in Easter outfits and giving them baskets and candy. She won't be there tomorrow, either. It is strange celebrating holidays with both moms gone. They were the ones who really held the family together for the holidays. Now that job falls to my sister and myself. And I admit that I'm not as good at it as they were. I tend to let it go until the last minute and then I find myself making coconut cake at 10 o'clock at night for the next day. Oh well, at least we'll have some. I'll have a bite for you, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment